Located in the western part of the country, close to the border with Germany, Majaland Poland is an amusement park worth visiting.
Although it’s not big compared to Europa Park or Disneyland, it’s still a place where kids of all ages and adults can have fun all day long.
In this post you will find all the useful information before visiting Majaland in Kownaty, plus you will have a chance to read our unbiased opinions about this fun park.
If you have any questions about the fun park or Poland in general, be sure to join our Poland Travel Planning Support Facebook group! It’s an ultimate source of inspiration and a place to connect with like-minded travelers.
Who is Maja?
Maya the Bee (Die Biene Maja) is a fictional character invented by the German writer, Waldemar Bonsels, at the beginning of the 20th century.
She is living in the fields with her friends Willy (the bee), Filip (the grasshopper), and many other creatures. They are having some wild adventures together.
Kids from all around the world quickly started to love Maja and her friends, mainly because of the cartoons saw in the TV.
Maja the Bee has been popular in 40+ countries all over the Globe.
How To Get To The Majaland Amusement Park?
Although the park is located in Poland, it’s really close to the border with Germany:
- 1h 20min drive from Poznan, Poland
- 2h 40min drive from Wroclaw, Poland
- 1h drive from Zielona Gora, Poland
- 50min drive from Gorzow Wielkopolski, Poland
- 1h 45min drive from Szczecin, Poland
- 4h drive from Warsaw, Poland
- 1h 40min drive from Berlin, Germany
- 35min drive from Frankfurt (Oder), Germany
- 2h 45min from Dresden, Germany
- 4h drive from Prague, Czechia
The only way to get to the park is by your own car (or taxi). No public transport to Majaland is available at the moment.
The full list of Majaland’s indoor attractions can be found on their official website. There are various carrousels available, as well as the playground for the youngest toddlers.
What’s more, there is a ball bath and some water attractions available.
When it’s not crowded, you will be able to have fun at all the attractions in less than an hour, so it’s easy to imagine that the indoor zone is not big.
The main disadvantage of this area is that it’s very loud and dark which may be overwhelming for the sensitive kids.
Right after the entrance, there is a big souvenir shop where you can buy toys, clothes, and other interesting things for kids.
They are not only about Maya bee but also other famous characters from the cartoons such as:
- Peppa Pig
- Paw Patrol
- many more
Easy to guess, everything is a bit overpriced but still affordable.
Food and Drinks
Apart from the attractions and the souvenir shop, there are also some places to eat within the indoor area of Majaland Kownaty.
Right after leaving the indoor area, you will see the playground with the sand on your right.
It’s perfect for toddlers, and pre-schoolers.
The Dancing Fountains
When the weather is good, kids of all ages can cool off in the dancing fountains.
This popular attractions is simple yet brilliant.
The Climbing Mountain
Because of the specific surface the mountain has, kids can try climbing up to the top of it.
Younger children and toddlers will only be able to make it halfway. Pre-schoolers will probably be fit enough to get to the top and then go down with the long slide.
The Flowery Merry-Go-Round
One of the main attractions of Majaland Poland is taking a ride on a carrousel full of flowers.
You will hear a catchy song about the bees that will give you some hints about what to do to avoid getting wet. If you are not careful, the spurts of water will hit you!
Bumba’s Fire Brigade
It’s a fun attraction for younger kids. They may either sit inside the fire truck or stand on the back of it, trying to extinguish the fire while going up and down the carousel.
Bumba Traffic School
One of the most interesting attractions for toddlers in Majaland Poland!
They may drive the actual cars within their own tiny city! Adults can help them out or they can drive by themselves.
It’s an outdoor zone of Majaland Kownaty designed for older kids and adults.
They may take part in the Wikings’ Water Battle on the boat, and hop on the huge rotating disk that will drag them from the left to the right, and back.
Flip the Grasshopper Ride
Fans of Maya the bee can jump on the Filip the grasshopper’s back and take a ride around the park.
Werewolf Wooden Rollercoaster
Last but not least- Poland’s first wooden rollercoaster!
The attractions is just for older kids and for adults.
Food and Drinks
There are many dining areas available within the outdoor zone of the Majaland Amusement Park.
Useful Info About Majaland in Kownaty
- The parking is paid 12 PLN (2.5 euro) for a day.
- There are many discounts available:
- infant discount (less than 85 cm high) – the ticket is 1 PLN
- toddler discount (85-99cm high)- the ticket is 49,90 PLN
- afternoon discount (valid for the last 3 hours of park’s opening hours)- the ticket is 59,90 PLN
- senior discount (for people aged 70 or more)- the ticket is 49,90 PLN
- birthday discount (only for kids aged up to 11 yo)- the ticket is 1 PLN
- pregnancy discount- the ticket is 59,90 PLN
- disabled discount- the ticket is 59,90 PLN
- annual pass- those visiting Majaland frequently may purchase an annual pass; details here
- The park is infant-friendly: there are baby changing stations available in the toilet, as well as the nursing room. Parents can use the microwave at Maja’s Restaurant to heat up the food or milk.
- Majaland is wheelchair-friendly. Visitors can even borrow a wheelchair when visiting the park.
- The park is not pet-friendly, thus you can’t bring your dog to Majaland.
Tips For Visiting Majaland Poland
Bring some clothes to change for your kids.
There are so many water attractions in the park, that your kids will get wet for sure!
Buy the tickets online.
They are a bit cheaper. Try to use the code MAJALAND to get 10PLN off.
Have lunch at the restaurant near Shell gas station.
If you want to try some authentic Polish food, have lunch at the restaurant near Shell gas station in Torzym (Sulęcińska 17, 66-235 Torzym).
This place is amazing! The food is delicious and pretty cheap. Plus, there is a free playground inside the restaurant, so you can be sure your kids will have fun there.
Pros and Cons of Majaland Poland
- Majaland has both indoor and outdoor attractions
- the park is infant- and wheelchair-friendly
- there are various of attractions in the park for kids of all ages (from young toddlers to schoolers and even adults)
- indoor park is loud and dark which may be quite overwhelming, especially for smaller kids (our 2,5 yo daughter hated it)
- the parking is paid which is really unfair, considering the fact that Majaland is located in the middle of nowhere
Read also our other reviews on the amusement parks in Poland:
Pin For Later:
Did you enjoy reading this post about the Majaland Poland? Let us know in the comments below!